The successful candidate will be part of our I&C team, specifically carrying out electrician duties. This role will report into the Field Supervisor. You must have knowledge of AC and DC systems in a telecommunications environment and have an interest in developing your portfolio to encompass communication cabling and installation work in line with our project requirements.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Running, terminating and testing new AC and DC installations and validating existing systems
- Using an ELTEK -48v PSU
- Working on Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel, Huawei, Cienna and Transmode equipment
- Submitting certification in a timely manner in line with our NICEIC accreditation
- Strong knowledge of fibre, Cat 5/6 and coax cabling
- C&G 2391 or 2394/2395 inspect and test
- C&G 2382 (17th Edition)
- Asbestos awareness
- Emergency first aid at work
- Manual handling
- IOSH Working safely (beneficial)
- NPPV3 clearance (beneficial)
What impresses us?
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- A conscientious and flexible attitude
- A technically minded individual who is keen to learn and progress
- Enthusiastic personalities who can adapt to a fast-paced environment
This role requires the engineer to be home based, however you will be expected to travel nationwide.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo NPPV3 clearance if this isn’t already held. This is a mandatory requirement for the role.
Magdalene is a total solutions provider to the telecommunication industry. Whether it is making a mobile phone call, downloading music at home, using ecommerce platforms in the office, communicating on social networks or making a restaurant reservation, it is likely the type of technology that Magdalene is working on every day is involved. Magdalene has 200 employees over 3 offices in Cambridge, Belfast and Glasgow.