Magdalene, part of M Group Services, are a market leading provider of essential infrastructure services in the UK and Ireland. Our blue-chip clients rely on us to engineer, install and maintain their networks. We are currently looking for an I&C Engineer to join our Engineering Services team.
The successful candidate will be required to work on project developments for customers across the UK, assisting with the installation of telecoms equipment, including minor DC power work in equipment rooms or on site.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Copper and co-axial termination, fault finding and testing.
- Infrastructure survey and rebuild.
- Rack and sub rack installation.
- Fibre handling with an adept use of an OPM, fault finding and testing.
- Installation and splicing of cables.
- Interpreting site documentation and installing equipment in line with the specification.
- Completing relevant handover documentation and site reports.
- Carrying out site surveys.
- Splicing experience in a telecoms environment
- Experience on working on a variety of network solutions, including but not limited to Transmode, Ciena and Cisco.
- Experience of working on a range of customer networks.
- Security clearance (NPPV3, DBS or BPSS – beneficial)
- Asbestos Awareness
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Manual Handling
- IOSH Working Safely
What impresses us?
- Excellent communication skills via email, telephone and face to face.
- A positive approach to work.
- A conscientious and flexible attitude.
- The ability to train, mentor and develop others.
- A keen interest to learn and develop as an engineer.
This role is a home-based position, but as an I&C Engineer you would be expected to travel.