Magdalene, part of M Group Services, are a market leading provider of essential infrastructure services in the UK and Ireland.
We are currently looking for an I & C Engineer to joint our expanding Engineering Services team. Telecoms experience is essential for this role as you will be assigned to project deployments for customers across the UK, assisting with the installation of telecoms equipment. On this basis, travel will be required.
This role is based within our installation and commissioning team, supporting project delivery for which the scope includes:
- Copper and co-axial termination, testing and fault finding
- Infrastructure survey and rebuild
- Rack and sub rack installation
- Fibre handling with an adept use of an OPM, fault finding and testing
The essential qualifications for this role are:
- Asbestos Awareness
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Manual Handling
- IOSH Working Safely
Experience of the following is desirable:
- Experience of working on Alcatel-Lucent, Transmode, Cienna, Cisco and Juniper technologies
- Experience of working on the Virgin Media network
- The basics of CLI and FTP
- BPSS, NPPV3 or SC security clearance
- Experience of working for Virgin Media
Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills via email, telephone and face to face. You will have a positive approach to work, with a conscientious and flexible attitude, and a keen interest in developing your portfolio of skills.