Magdalene, part of M Group Services, are a market leading provider of essential infrastructure services in the UK and Ireland. Our Blue-chip clients rely on us to engineer, install and maintain their networks. We are currently looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our Transmission Support Services team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support on technical issues to Magdalene’s customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Resolving faults within agreed SLA’s
- Keeping fault tickets up to date
- Providing system solutions for customer builds and network upgrades
- Providing technical consultancy to the accounts teams for tender responses
- Providing internal and external training
- Being part of an emergency on-call rota
- Technical knowledge and fault-finding skills on a wide range of Marconi / Ericsson transmission products with specific focus on DXC MSH8x / 9x, SMA series 3 and 4 and OMS800 / 1200 / 1600
- Excellent knowledge of WDM products, particularly Huawei OSN1800 – including U2000 NMS
- Strong understanding in the use of optical test equipment and optical cleaning procedures
- Competent in SDH, Ethernet and Fibre Channel testing procedures and test equipment
- DWDM experience including Ciena 6500, Adva FSP3000 R7, Ekinops and Packetlight
- PDH / SDH experience including Nokia Dynanet and Synfonet, Keymile UMUX, DNWP Connection Master and associated NMS platforms
- CCNA / CCNP / HCNA / HCNP
What impresses us?
- A self-motivated individual with a genuine desire to learn
- An enthusiastic and positive demeanour
- The ability to communicate effectively and confidently
- Someone who is able to cope with pressure and remain calm
This role is based in our St Ives, Cambridgeshire office.