Magdalene, part of M Group Services, are a market leading provider of essential infrastructure services in the UK and Ireland.
We are currently looking for a Technical Support Engineer, specialising in Marconi DXC, to join our Transmission Support Services team, providing support on technical issues to our customers.
As a Support Engineer, you will be responsible for resolving faults within agreed SLA’s and keeping the correlating fault tickets up to date. You will be able to provide system solutions for customer builds and network upgrades and also assist other teams with tender responses.
A key part of this role requires the successful applicant to work as part of the emergency on-call rota.
Essential technical requirements for this role include:
- 2nd/3rd Line support with expertise on a wide range of Marconi and Ericsson transmission products, specifically, DXC MSH8x / 9x, SMA series 3 and 4 and OMS800 / 1200 / 1600.
- Experience in SDH/WDM optical networking.
- Understanding the use of optical test equipment and optical cleaning procedures.
- Competent in SDH, Ethernet and Fibre Channel testing procedures and test equipment.
Desirable technical requirements for this role include:
- DWDM experience of Huawei OSN1800/U2000, Ciena 6500, Adva FSP3000 R7, Ekinops and Packetlight.
- PDH / SDH experience including Nokia Dynanet and Synfonet, Keymile UMUX, DNWP Connection Master and associated NMS platforms.
Our ideal candidate will hold CCNA / CCNP / HCNA or HCNP but will also be self-motivated with a genuine desire to learn. They will have an enthusiastic and positive demeanour, whilst staying calm under pressure. This person will have the ability to communicate effectively and confidently with varying levels of internal and external customers.
This role is based in our St Ives, Cambridgeshire office.